The following policies and procedures apply to class payments and reimbursements.
- The AFLCR has two tuition rates: one for non-members and a discounted rate for members. The tuition rate for a course is based on the student’s membership status at the time he/she registers for the course.
- A non-AFLCR member who becomes an Alliance member after registering for a course may not receive a partial tuition rebate or credit for a course for which he/she already registered.
Course Canceled by AFLCR
If a scheduled course is canceled by the AFLCR before the first class meeting, students who registered and paid for the course will receive a full tuition refund.
Registration Canceled by Student
- Course cancellations by students must be in writing and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter addressed to the AFLCR at 43 King St., Burlington, VT 05401. The letter must state the name of the course and the reason for the cancellation.
- If a student registers for a course but cancels the registration prior to the commencement of the course, a full refund or credit will be offered. If credit is issued, it may be applied to a future AFLCR course for a period not to exceed 12 months from the date of the canceled registration.
- If a student registers for a course but cancels the registration on the date of or after the commencement of the course, no refund or credit will be offered.
- No refund or credit will be offered for missed classes within a course. If a student knows in advance that he/she will miss one or more classes in a course, arrangements may be made with teacher to receive a transcript or recording of the missed class(es), if possible.
- In extenuating circumstances, in the sole discretion of the Director of the French Language Center, a student who cancels a course registration on the date of or after the commencement of the course may receive a full or pro-rated tuition refund or a full or pro-rated credit toward a future AFLCR course.
Cancellation of Private Lessons
- If a teacher cancels a private lesson, an effort will be made to reschedule the lesson. If it is not possible to reschedule, the student will receive a refund for the missed lesson.
- If a student cancels a private lesson, an effort will also be made to reschedule the lesson. If it is not possible to reschedule, the student will not receive a refund for the missed lesson.