- This event has passed.
Quebec-Friendly Business Seminar
March 23, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Visitors from Quebec contribute to a substantial part of the economy in Northern Vermont and Chittenden County. Quebec-Friendly Business is designed to empower retail, hospitality and all other businesses engaged in cross-border commerce to better understand and serve this fast-growing market. We’ll give you the tools and resources to tap into this market and grow your business.
Key topics include:
- The importance of the Quebecois consumer in our local economy, as well as French and Quebec-related events and initiatives designed to support this relationship, including the Vermont-Quebec Enterprise Initiative (VQEI)
- Quebecois etiquette and cultural differences relating to customer purchase habits
- “Flash” French language class targeted for business; learn how to greet and welcome your Quebecois customers en français
- Local resources to support your business, including those offered by the Alliance Française, such as language classes, translation services and French-centered events and activities
- Networking with like-minded business people sharing the same goal, and engaging with our featured speakers
- Guest speakers include Ernest Pomerleau (Honorary Consul of France for Vermont), Tom Torti (Lake Champlain Region Chamber of Commerce), Ron Redmond (Church Street Marketplace District), Gene Richards (Burlington International Airport), Sonya Enright (Burlington Town Center), Kelly Devine (Burlington Business Association)
For more details, please visit the full program and list of speakers.
Registration is free, but required. Breakfast is included.
3/21/16 update: The seminar is full!
This event is fully sponsored by Pomerleau Real Estate.