- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Alliance Francaise of the Lake Champlain Region
January 5, 2017 @ 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
Dear Member of the Alliance Française of the Lake Champlain Region (the “Alliance Française”),
Our next Annual Meeting of Members will be held on Thursday, January 5 at 6:30 pm, at 43 King St., Burlington VT.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
1. Reports on the activities of the Alliance Française, presented by the chairs of the committees.
2. Financial Report of the Alliance Française.
3. Election of the incoming President of the Alliance Française, as nominated by the Board of Directors, Madame Janice Fetsch.
4. Election of the incoming Treasurer of the Alliance Française, as nominated by the Board of Directors, Madame Aileen Lachs.
5. Election of the incoming Secretary of the Alliance Française, as nominated by the Board of Directors, Madame Victoria Brassart-Jones.
6. Amendment of article 12 of the bylaws of the Alliance Française by adding the following paragraph after the existing terms of article 12 which will remained unchanged:
“AFLCR is strongly committed and open to all civilly and constructively presented opinions and views of a diverse membership and welcomes the participation of all people interested in French culture and heritage regardless of race, gender and creed. Recognizing that an organization and its Board cannot function if views are not civilly and constructively presented, the AFLCR may through a majority vote by its Board of Directors terminate or suspend a membership provided that: (a) the member is given not less than fifteen (15) days prior written notice of the expulsion, suspension or termination and the reasons therefor, for which written notice will be sent by first class or certified mail to the last known address of the member appearing in AFLCR’s records; and (b) the member is provided an opportunity to be heard, orally or in writing, not less than five (5) days before the effective date of the expulsion, suspension or termination by the Board of Directors as to why the member believes the proposed expulsion, termination or suspension should not take place. A member who has been expelled, terminated or suspended will, in the discretion of the Board of Directors, be returned his or her membership dues for the year in which the expulsion, termination or suspension occurs.”
We are looking forward to seeing you!
The Board of Directors of the Alliance Française of the Lake Champlain Region