One-Day French Immersion Experience in Sutton (Québec) :
Start Your Holiday Celebrations in French!
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Join YOUR FRENCH CONNECTION as a “Voyageur” for a stimulating day of French language and cultural immersion in Sutton—connecting authentically through food, art & crafts and local product tasting, while interacting with the locals en français—in a quaint village in the Eastern Townships of Quebec.
What is special about this One-Day French Immersion Experience:
• An adventurous, hands-on day of guided French language development, led by Alysse Anton, YOUR FRENCH CONNECTION owner and lead instructor, with the collaboration of Heike Meyer, a German bakeress and food lover fluent in French (bios at the end).
Engaging activities and real-life situations—designed to involve and immerse the Voyageurs—will provide cultural insights into the vibrant community of Sutton, a friendly village in Quebec’s beautiful Eastern Townships.
• Experience the language and the local lifestyle through all your senses: Learn how to make croissants (with a demo and a tasting) at a European-style boulangerie, order and enjoy an appetizing lunch, interact with artisans, local producers and villagers at the Christmas Market and warm up with other villagers around an open bonfire in the village—all in the context of real and practical French language and culture discovery. And finally, indulge in a tasting of desserts as delicious as they are healthy!
• This immersion experience will help the Voyageurs build a practical vocabulary, expand their confidence with the language, and improve their ability to communicate in French.
• This program is tailored for High-Beginner and Intermediate level speakers. Every Voyageur will experience new learning at his/her own level.
• A small group size (min 3/max 11) assures a supportive and interactive learning experiences. Our schedule balances group time, individual time, and self-exploration, so that one can experiment with the language through a variety of modes.
• Round trip travel between Burlington and Sutton. With no driving or parking worries, you’ll have plenty of energy for discovering and immersing yourself in the culture and the language.
• A full day of guided French language development through engaging activities
• Private van transportation between Burlington and Sutton
• Croissant Demo & Tasting at the Boulangerie Brot Bakehouse & School (Fairfax, VT)
• An appetizing lunch (menu du jour) at a French-authentic local restaurant in Sutton
• Guided & Self-exploration of the Marché de Noël of Sutton
• A sweet—but good for you—tasting !
A la Carte items at the restaurant & alcoholic beverages
Please note: While beginners are welcome, participants must have some experience speaking French, including basic French vocabulary as it relates to everyday situations. If it’s been a while since you’ve indulged your passion for learning French, contact Alysse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also required: An enhanced driver’s license or a valid passport (with necessary visa, if non US citizen).
Cost and registration details:
Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Minimum group size is 3; maximum is 11.
Cost is $247. 10% discount to AFLCR members.
Full payment is required to reserve your place in: One-Day French Immersion: Start your Holiday Celebrations in French
Contact Alysse at 802/535-1499 or at email@example.com
for questions and registration.
YOUR FRENCH CONNECTION – BIOGRAPHIES
Alysse Anton: Alysse was born in the French-speaking region of Switzerland to a Swiss mother and a Spanish father. After college, she left Switzerland and began teaching French in Bogota, Colombia. Later, she taught at the Washington International School in DC, followed by teaching in private and public middle and high schools in Vermont. Over the last decade, her teaching experience has been diverse, working with group ages 8 to 88 years old. In tandem with her teaching, she has been engaged in social work, facilitating workshops on a range of personal wellness topics. For five summers, Alysse was the Assistant Director at the Middlebury Monterey Language Academy (MMLA), where her role spanned both managerial and teaching responsibilities in a residential language immersion program for high school students. She currently teaches French classes with the Alliance Française of the Lake Champlain Region in Burlington, Vermont, where she lives with her husband and dog.
YOUR FRENCH CONNECTION COLLABORATOR:
Heike Meyer: She is bakeress, food lover and is fluent in French. Growing up in bread-centered Germany, she developed a taste for good bread and pastries early on. Since then she has been baking alongside respected bakers in Germany, France and the United States. Every year she travels to Europe and around the US, discovering traditions, researching new recipes and learning new baking techniques. Honoring the rich traditions of artisan bakers around the globe, she is committed to baking only the most delicious, wholesome breads and pastries. Now the Brot Bakehouse, a pop-up bakery with regular delivery to City Market in Burlington and Hudak Farm Stand in Swanton, also offers baking classes at its bakery in Fairfax, VT.